ID help

NickTX

In the Brooder
Aug 2, 2017
This chick is about 4 and a half weeks in the pictures. Came from Meyers Hatchery. Was a "leann's adopt me" special. This chick does not have puffy cheeks. Most the chicks are pretty calm with the exception of a couple of flighty leghorns. This chick on the other hand is possibly the most flighty and skittish i have ever seen. It's pretty tough to get a picture of him. I think this chick is male but not 100 percent sure. Thank you for any help
20170728_191119.jpg
20170728_191303.jpg
20170802_201959.jpg
20170728_191156.jpg

The red in the shoulder area is common for a male Easter Egger.

Welcome @NickTX. That is a beautiful "something", lol. @KikisGirls would certainly know better then I but he is a beautiful cockerel. I wonder if he could pass on those colors? So glad you joined BYC. So much help and support here. Hope your day in Texas was as awesome as mine. We were in the 80's in Denton. Woohoo!!!!

Thanks @Leighe it got up in the 90's here but had a nice breeze in the evening.

EE was my 1st thought with the leg color but the lack of puffy cheeks is throwing me off. I am not very familiar with EE.

Thanks @Leighe it got up in the 90's here but had a nice breeze in the evening.

EE was my 1st thought with the leg color but the lack of puffy cheeks is throwing me off. I am not very familiar with EE.
Clean faces are becoming more common as the trend runs to breeding eexee vs bluexnonblue breed... and, yes, it's s cockerel

Puffy cheeks, you're thinking of Araucana or Ameraucana. Though a lot of EE's have that because they are mixed with those...not all do. Thats why a lot of people think they have and Araucana or Ameraucana, when they actually have an EE (a mix/mutt)

Back
Top Bottom