1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

I'd like to see....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by peeps7, Sep 12, 2007.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Songster

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I ordered 24 cochin chicks and I was just wondering if I could see some pics of other people's cochins. I'd like to see some adults. If you have cochins can you post a pic of them. Thanks!!

2. How exciting! What colors did you get?

Here is a young mottled hen:

[​IMG]

I'll see if I can find more Cochin pics [​IMG]

Lisa

3. peeps7

peeps7 Songster

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I ordered 5 giant blues, 3 giant blacks, 5 silver giants, 3 silver laced bantams, 6 giant whites, 1 giant white rooster, and 2 white frizzle cochins. Oh yeah and I ordered 1 silver laced sebright. I got a white roo so when I breed him with my blue and black girls I could get some splash and blues. I'm also going to breed him with my silkie hen and get some silkie/cochins. Beautiful cochin you got there.

4. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    These are all Bantam Cochins.
    I have lots more pictures, but they aren't loaded into Photobucket yet.

My GD with a pair of her White Cochins
    [​IMG]

Blue Cochins
    [​IMG]

Buff Cochins
    [​IMG]

Splash Cochins
    [​IMG]

More White Cochins
    [​IMG]

Jean

5. peeps7

peeps7 Songster

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    YOUR COCHINS ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! What kind are those in the fourth picture? I hope my blues look like yours!! [​IMG]

6. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    Those are Splash.

All of our Cochins belong to my GD, who is 10 now. She had over 12 varieties of them. She has sold most of them now. She is going into breeding standard size laying hens now.

Her favorite Cochin was the Buff rooster. He followed her everywhere.
    She still has some White, Red and Red Frizzle, and a few Cochin/Silkie crosses that she is still breeding.

Jean

7. 2mnypets

2mnypets Songster

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Oh that makes me soooo excited. Our cochins are only a week old but we have blue, splash, buff and partridge. I just can't wait to see them grow up. I love watching the transformation of their feathers and their personalities. Let's hope I stay well for the bonding time with these little ones. Last batch I was in the hospital and missed out on the imprinting stage with them. Tell your GD that she (with help from g-ma I'm sure) raises some beautiful birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by