I'd like to Sell Hatching Eggs - Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by The Monkey Mama, Jul 13, 2008.

1. The Monkey Mama

The Monkey Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    I am trying to find ways to supplement our income [since prices are rising dramatically and our salaries AREN'T! LOL!].

I am wondering about selling hatching eggs on eBay. Anybody do this? Is it worth the trouble? I'm not looking to make a fortune, just to add a few bucks to the family bank account to help pay for groceries [cause I go into a depression every time I enter a grocery store these days!].

We already have some Cuckoo Marans and some Ameraucanas and they seem to fetch a pretty nice price on eBay....we could just keep a couple of the roos we have rather than butchering them [I have a very nice looking Cuckoo Maran roo and a beautiful Ameraucana roo... I think they'd be nice daddies... LOL!].

I'd add a few more marans hens [I only have one], so I'm trying to make sure this isn't just me trying to rationalize my insane urge to buy more chickens. LOL!

I also have to check the legality of owning roosters in the city limits, but someone told me recently it was legal here [I will definitely double check].

I'd also like to know if there are any legal requirements before people sell hatching eggs?

Any thoughts or feedback?

Kelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by