1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'd love to submit art for shirts,mugs,etc.

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by LynnGrigg, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    I thought about that but seems Rob is having issues with production and selling and things like that. You might ask him.

Arklady

2. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Just thought I'd offer. It'd be nice to get the art out there if the site owners are interested. Thanks. -Lynn

3. Arklady

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    It basically has to do with finding the producer and then how to deal with shipping and orders to the people without any additional out of pocket expenses. I offered too and some of these people would love to buy cups with their favorite pet chicken picture on it but they just don't understand how to get money to rob to product to customer. It takes a while...

Arklady

4. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    How about setting up either a Cafepress, Printfection, or Zazzle store? There's no out of pocket expense except for Cafepress "premium" stores. The production and shipping is handled by the site. A commission for each product sold goes to the store owner. That way artists could donate designs to BackYardChickens and the only thing Rob would have to do is upload the image to the store and decide what products to make available. Just a thought.

5. Arklady

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    Thats the first I ever heard of that kind of set up. I know design goes into the product so wouldn't the print or art need a design feature for it. Even though it would take an artist with that kind of set up. I know I can do some design features myself... like for instance take the image of a picture of like Rocky the rottweiller and make it look great but take out some of the unnecessary features so as to make it feasible for the producer?

*still thinking here*

Arklady

6. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    The best images for product design are in PNG format with a 200dpi or so. Of course it's best to have a rather large image so it will fit on a variety of products. Anybody with photoshop or a similar program can set it up. [​IMG]

7. LynnGrigg

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    I keep my jpeg images on CD and also in my documents. I can send them to anyone via email attachments or can mail them on a CD.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Dec 26, 2006
    California - SF East Bay
    Hey all thanks for the support! Cindi has done a great job of taking care of the BYC store stuff (she's a trooper) and I've been doing all the bumper sticker stuff.

I've wanted to "cut out the middle men" and get more funds to the forum by avoiding places like cafepress... that said, it's just too hard for me to do the shipping and stay on top of all the orders.

Maybe we'll setup a store at one of these sites and offer up a larger variety of items and images. Let me talk to Cindi and the mods and see what they think. In the meantime please keep posting your ideas / suggestions!

pawtraitart, have you used any of those three services? Again, they take much more of a cut, but this way we could offer a ton more items / products and not have to deal with payments and shipping.

What do ya'll think?

9. LynnGrigg

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    You guys run the show for the BYC items anyway that works for you. Just keep me in mind if you want any art. Feel free to contact me anytime but please give me a little notice if you want anything custom done. I'll give you permission to use the images free but retain the right to use them myself as well as rights to sell the original art work. Lynn

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by