ID needed !

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Dany12, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    It supposed to be a Blue Spalding pied .... but all those grey feathers .... perhaps a little silver-pied blood ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks spalding silver pied to me but I need a picture of the whole bird. I don't know what "blue" spalding is supposed to mean. That is not a common term. Spalding is spalding. Some look more IB than others and some look more green than others.

3. Arbor

Arbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Canada
    I think he was referring to a regular Spalding, as opposed to Cameo Spalding. It looks like it could be pied white-eyed, as it seems to have a lot of green on his tail, but patience pays off, and time will tell.

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    May I see a photo of the entire bird, I am no good at puzzles and this one is missing some pictures PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ [​IMG]

5. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    [​IMG] ... me too !

[​IMG]
    Central feathers are white but both sides what color it will end in 2-3 years?
    This peacock comes from Josh from Rocking BAB Ranch... and in fact from his neighbor because spalding pied was out of stock when ordered.
    This is why I do not know its origins - mother and father.

I do not like pictures of peacock pitching his tail .... we think we see something but in fact we see nothing.
    It's look like " a family outing to the local zoo!" picture.

Here a 'puzzle'pictureâ—„ [​IMG] shows us something interesting!
    [​IMG]

Leg of a pied peahen .... two fingers are pink (as the White Peacock) and one is grey ( as Blue Peacock ).
    The skin of the legs also can be pied ? ..... the skin of the legs is not the same like the skin of the body !
    Skin of the legs and feathers .... same kind? .... remember that a long time ago ... birds were dinosaurs!

6. peacock

peacock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2011
    Belgium
    My Coop
    Hi Danny,

i would say Spalding pied white eyed more than 50% green,

you already can see a white eye appearing on the left side off the displaying picture, he also has too much colour to be silverpied i think, he looks great , think he will grow out into a very nice male,

Peacock

7. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    He is beautiful, I can not wait to see him with as full train, he is marked up real nice [​IMG]

I have found that most of my pieds and dark pieds have pied feet also. [​IMG]

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Pretty boy! [​IMG]

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by