id on these roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FeatheredNugget, Sep 20, 2016.

1. FeatheredNugget

FeatheredNugget New Egg

Sep 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

theyre young, just getting spurs. but in the back left corner is a full size barred rock rooster. given the size of the black ones you would think theyre jersey giants, theyre bigger than a full grown buff orphington hen i have. theyre about 9 or so lbs right now. they have solid slate colored legs and feet. no other color on the bottoms. and the bodies are solid black with a green sheen.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Without a distinguishing color on the bottom of the feet you can only guess. They could be australorps, Jersey giant, or even black Orpingtons. My guess would be on Jersey giants too.

3. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Australorps. Pretty boys.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Australorps

5. FeatheredNugget

FeatheredNugget New Egg

Sep 20, 2016
    Do australorps get this big? They're bigger than a full size barred rock rooster. They are hatchery birds, I heard those don't always match breed standards.

6. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I still think they are Jersey giants, they are pretty lanky, and I've also noticed that Jersey giant have less feathering around the face than australorps.

7. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Could be either with black feet bottoms. Could even be a cross of the two with hatchery birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by