1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Id please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kevlar, Aug 29, 2011.

1. kevlar

kevlar In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    wondering what type of breed this might be

[​IMG]

sorry for the poor pic quality it was taken with my phone [​IMG]

2. Very hard to tell [​IMG]

3. Hi and [​IMG]

I think you will need a better and clearer pic showing legs and comb although the comb looks to be straight.

4. kevlar

kevlar In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    lol I guess so I will rtry to find my camera, I have not seen it since we moved. hope to get a better pic up soon. I thought she might be a cochin but im not sure

5. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:Does she have feathered legs?

Oh and [​IMG]

6. kevlar

kevlar In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    yup super feathery legs we named her Bloomers

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Songster

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    If she has a "single" comb (upright with a serrated edge) and yellow legs with feathering, then she's a Blue Cochin. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. kevlar

kevlar In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    Okay she has a single comb for sure but I cant get close enough to her to check out her legs and they are so covered with feathers I cant tell from a few feet away. thank you for the help I will try to get better pics. I kinda thought she was a Blue Cochin, I got her from a neighbor down the highway who has chickens and I guess she was getting pretty beat up by some roosters so now she should be safe. Its funny cause when I was just starting to think about getting chickens and started to do my research I thought I would like to get a Cochin and now I might just have one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by