1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Id please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kevlar, Sep 11, 2011.

1. kevlar

kevlar Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    I got this chicken from a neighbor it was being picked on by a mean rooster and she had a whole section of feathers on her back missing the feathers are coming back now but I am wondering what type of chicken she might be, any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Looks like a Partridge Wyandotte. The legs would be pale due to her having been laying for quite awhile.

3. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    silver penciled wyandotte, do they call that color this in the wyandotte breed? Any way the color pattern is silver penciled and i think that is a wyandotte, pretty much the correct build and has the double comb.

4. Uniontown Poultry

Uniontown Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Silver-Pencilled Wyandotte? If her colors are white/pale gray & black, then I am thinking Silver Pencilled.

5. kevlar

Aug 17, 2011
    hmm good Id thanks so she is an old girl? because of the pale legs?

6. smarsh2

Sep 1, 2009
    a partridge has gold under tone, this bird has an apparent sivler gene

7. smarsh2

Sep 1, 2009
    pale legs may be a sign of old age, i don't know, but you never know how pure a hen may be. She could be mixed. get her feathers back and she might be pretty again

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, you're right about the gold tone vs silver--I just saw the pattern and thought partridge. Wyandotte head and comb type for sure. I've seen partridge Wyandottes, just never silver pencilled ones, so not really sure about the color now.

9. kevlar

Aug 17, 2011
    lol yup she is pretty haggard, she is not laying rite now either Im not sure if that would be caused by stress old age etc... who knows

10. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    dark brahma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by