ID please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by paxfarm, Mar 26, 2015.

1. paxfarm

paxfarm New Egg

Mar 26, 2015
    Not sure what breed this is. I ordered 5 Silver Laced Wyandotte but 3 of them look like this. Not what I thought Silver laced look like, I could be wrong. New to Chickens. Any ideas as to what they might be?

2. paxfarm

paxfarm New Egg

Mar 26, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Forgot to add pictures in last post

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    What is that red on them???

4. If the red is just artificial they look like black Australorp chicks to me except their legs aren't greenish..... I had some silver laced wyandottes n they had a chipmunk pattern going on as chicks.

5. paxfarm

paxfarm New Egg

Mar 26, 2015
    The red I think is something the hatchery put on them. And the other two of the 5 that were to be Wyandotte have the chipmunk markings.

6. If their legs r blackish up towards the body I would say black austrlorps still

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    If they're marked from the hatchery there should be a record of what they are. What did you order and from where? Any chance these are packing peanuts?

8. paxfarm

paxfarm New Egg

Mar 26, 2015
    I ordered them thru Farm and Fleet. They ordered from Cackle Hatchery. The person packing up the orders at Farm and fleet had to make the mistake. I have to call them and see what can be done. I hate to move them again and stress them out again. I may see if they have any more chicks and hopefully get some of the right chicks. I would care except the Silver laced are more that the Blk Austrlorps. And hopefully these are pullets and not straight run as that is what I ordered.

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm leaning towards them being Australorps. They're definitely not Silver Laced Wyandottes.

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by