1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Idaho Falls, ID, trying to change the City Code

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by clstratton, Dec 18, 2008.

1. clstratton

clstratton New Egg

Sep 3, 2008
    Eastern Idaho
    For those of you who live in Idaho Falls, the Safety Committee rejected allowing chickens within city limits. As of right now, they are illegal, though the code for it can be interpreted as them being illegal, but what it really meant was something else. But I digress. The Safety Committee said no to chickens. The next step is to take it to the City Council. They meet on the second and fourth Thursday of each month (though they are meeting tonight, December 18th, due to Christmas). So, if anyone is interested in making their chickens legal (and I know there are quite a few people in IF that are haboring illegals), please either reply to this post, or send a message, so that we can get a group together to bring our case to the council, or at least find out what their hang ups are. The code proposal we submitted was to allowing 6 hens, no roosters. Maybe that's too many for them? I don't know.

2. EliteTempleton

EliteTempleton Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    SW MI
    Wishing you good luck with this! [​IMG]

Do you have examples of other recent overturns? That might help you set a precedent?

3. HeatherHillary

HeatherHillary Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2008
    Portland OR
    Quote:Did you see the post from Jefferson WI? It was overturned just today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by