We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Idea for a waterer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Bosque, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Bosque

Bosque Songster

May 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I have an idea for a waterer based on someones 3" PVC feeder.
    Could you take a piece of 3" PVC pipe 4' long and glue either a threaded end cap or a 90 with a threaded end cap at the bottom and then install one of these? https://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/prod1;ts1_poultry_management-ts1_poultry_watering_systems-ts1_hoses_nipples;287f0f77.html
    Then
    , keep the 3" PVC pipe verticle and put an end cap not glued at the top? This way you would fill water in the top and if you needed to clean it, you could unscrew the threaded end at the bottom. Do you think that it would work and two will chickens drink from one of these???
    Thanks,
    Bosque.

2. write2caroline

write2caroline Songster

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Probably,

I don't know about keeping it verticle - I would say try it and see but have other sources of water.

My girls love that avian clean hanging water thingy.

I wonder if you just kept the thing horizontal but hung it from above the girls.

Cal
    Jax fll

3. Holly O

Holly O Songster

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    I'm not clear on what you where describing. BUT as long at the top of the pipe is sealed tight it will work. You need to archive a vacuum type seal, and Chickens will drink water from any source they can find.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: