1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Idea for the Auctions

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by KDailey, Aug 19, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I just thought of this and I don't know if it's been suggested before so I'm sorry if it has.

But I've noticed a lot of people have multiples of something their wanting to sell for a set price, not an auction.

Example:
    I have 10 bantam cochin chicks for sale. $5 a piece. That's the set price for them, I don't want to actually auction them off. I'd be willing to sell 1 or the whole lot together. (i don't actually have these chickens so don't ask. lol)

So people make an auction but say don't bid or don't press buy it now, which we all know is now against the rules. But what else are they supposed to do?

What about this?

As well as the auction and buy it now options, there would be an option to enter how many of your item you have and the price is shown just once like on regular auctions.

The prospective buyers would see Available: (# here) and instead of entering a bid or selecting buy it now, would fill in a quantity box with how many they want. After it does it's little "are you sure?" the buyer clicks ok or yes and then the Available: (# here) would be decreased by how many they bought.

It might also decrease the amount of auctions that you see that are the exact same item over and over again. Like I've seen some for t-shirts or bags or even chicken house hinges. Who really wants to post, or see, 15 auctions for one hinge? Nobody. But they're not allowed to make an auction and say "Don't bid" or "Don't click buy it now"

This way they could say: 15 chicken house hinges for sale in one post and the number in that one post would just decrease as people bought them.

Now I know nothing about all this coding and website/forum stuff so I don't know if this is even an option but I thought I'd throw it out there.

What do you think?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Nobody has any thoughts?

3. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I like it. A mod will know if its possible.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It is an interesting idea. We're in the process of making some significant changes to our BSA system and will see if there is some way this will fit in. These changes are about 2-3 months away.

5. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Thanks!

6. Quote:Oh no.... Changes can be scary.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by