Idea on what she may be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gapeach717, Apr 3, 2012.

1. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    This is the only chick I have that still at 4 weeks today I have NO idea what she is. I would love to get an idea. I originally got her out of the assorted bantams bin at TSC (the only one in the lot with a stripe became an instant love for my 5 year old daughter) Sara (again, named by the 5 year old) has blossomed into a very friendly active sweet bird so far...but I am still stumped.

So...what is Sara?

When we first got her:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a bit later:
    [​IMG]

Tiny bit later:
    [​IMG]

Now (this morning)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Speckled sussex?

3. aoxa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Yep. I think that's it :D They are beautiful birds.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  4. aoxa

Oh wait.. she has green legs...

EE? Lol.

5. aoxa

Here's an idea.. call your TSC and ask where they get their chicks from, go to that website and try to find a matching chick.. That's all I can think of :/

6. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    LOL they get them from a few different hatcheries. Blah! I could have known had I asked then but now it is too much effort for anyone.

I have two Speckled Sussex (Suzie Q and Lucy) and they look much different even besides the legs!

7. lorijohnson823

lorijohnson823 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Calhoun, KY
    well, whatever she is... She is beautiful!

8. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    thanks lori!

if she is indeed a bantam, I am leaning towards the silver duckwing jungle old english game fowl or the black breasted jungle fowl old english game (wow thats a mouthful!) only bc of her legs...BUT...they get many "special" ones in too and I read a post earlier that made me stop and thing, bc someone said something about the chicks being touched and possibly switched by the public in the bins....and since she was the ONLY striped one in the box, I am back to square one and hoping someone who has a twin of hers at home may recognize this coloring! [​IMG]

9. lorijohnson823

lorijohnson823 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Calhoun, KY
    Oh my!! I did not think about the public mixing them up.! Wow. That would stink, especially if you were expecting a small bantam chick. Well, I hope you find out what she is soon. :)

10. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    She could be a BBR OEGB or a gold duckwing OEGB but those are some really dark legs. I would lean more towards a Dutch bantam.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by