Idea to make waiting easier

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mykl1, May 2, 2011.

1. mykl1

mykl1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2009
    hobart indiana
    Before putting my eggs in the incubator, I took a pencil and drew faces on the shells.
    Now when I look in there I'm not just looking at plain eggs, I'm looking at little faces.
    Seems to make the ''3 week wait'' easier

2. chick4smiles

chick4smiles Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    Adirondacks
    LOL!
    I wish I could do that with my lockdown eggs! I'll agree with others that have posted that the last three days are the hardest!

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OMG!

My grand daughter used different stickers from her Easter eggs to put faces on mine.

4. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Quote:I'd be real hesitatnt about stickers. It might make it difficult for the chick to get out if the sticker is across where it tries to zip.

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:I'd be real hesitatnt about stickers. It might make it difficult for the chick to get out if the sticker is across where it tries to zip.

Not leaving them on. They just went in night before last and already flling off. I was a little worried about it too, but she only put them on a few that are some mixed birds so I didn't have a problem with my special eggs.

6. justmedr

justmedr Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2011
    Plant City
    I finally found a cure for it.. Get 3 more incubators.. Load eggs one week in one, load eggs next week in one.. the load again the 3rd week. hatch chicks in the orginal one.. and repeat..

7. Balbinka

Balbinka Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    California
    Quote:[​IMG]

To pass the time, I made sure the temperature and humidity were fine and went a did other things.
    I researched my breed and how to care for house geese.

I was actually surprised how fast 30 Days came and went!
    Now my girl is almost 2 weeks old! Trust me, once your babies hatch you will want time to slow down!

8. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Quote:Love this idea!! will have to wait until next hatch. Went in to lockdown this morn.!! [​IMG] I just kept real busy!!! Checked temp and humidity often but didn't hover. That might change when or if I get a pip!!! [​IMG]

9. chickenfeverforever

chickenfeverforever Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Quote:This is my new plan and I love it!!!

10. madgabmomma

madgabmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    SE Texas
    Quote:This is my new plan and I love it!!!

My plan was similar. I had eggs in for a week then added a dozen more plus my hen went broody. So this is my 2nd week of hatching out of 3. Fun times!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by