Ideal Ameraucana curled toe pics.....

pozarnsk

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle Lake, ND
This is a follow-up from yesterday. Got these Ameraucanas from Ideal poultry about 3 month ago.........what do I do with them????

12411_img_3135.jpg

12411_img_3129.jpg

12411_img_3134.jpg

I have the same question. I have some true ameraucana and 1 true aruacana with this. I thought it was from when they ran over the feeder when something scared them and they broke their toes, but I really don't know
idunno.gif
. Hopefully someone knows....

edited to say that mine hatched with normal feet..

Last edited:
It was an incubation issue. Temp or humidity, do not remember which. Or I suppose it could be a nutritional one, but seeing they are all the same age, they probably came from the same incubator and that there was an issue that made them all turn out like that. I have one true Ameraucana that I hatched that has a crooked middle toe, and one silkie like that. Its hard to say.

Some people think its genetic, I do not.

I've got several Silkies and one Leghorn roo that I got from Privett last winter with toes like this except worse. A couple of the Silkies are curled and theres no space between the toes just tissue. They get around fine though.

Yeah I sent the pics to Ideal and they didn't offer any refunds or anything. I'm not going to push it. As long as they give me my blue/green eggs I'll be happy.

Hi,

What you got are Easter Eggers (EE's), not Ameraucanas. For information on Ameraucanas, see www.ameraucana.org . The willow green shank color is a dead give away as is the coloration of the bird.

As for what to do about the birds with crooked toes, nothing to do. Use them how you wish. I wouldn't breed them but if you like their eggs, keep 'em and enjoy them.

God Bless,

It can also be a nutritional issue with the breeder birds. So, incubation conditions may have been fine, but the mother(s) especially may have been lacking certain vitamins when they laid the eggs.

Last edited:
I have a hen with this.. she is a red star. Feet looked normal when she was young. I think she hurt them flying off our high roosts early on.... just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom