Ideal Ameraucana Pullets??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Mom2Munchkins, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Have you ordered any?? I would love to see pics of any bought from Ideal. Also, what color eggs do yours lay? :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    Hi, I got 3 "Ameraucana" pullets from Ideal back in 2009. In truth, they are Easter Eggers, meaning they don't conform to any color, pattern, comb type, or set egg color. I only have one remaining, and she's the typical gold and brown wild-type pattern. I had two like that and then one that was white with red lacing on her head and shoulders. I'm afraid I haven't any pictures of them, but if you go to the Easter Eggers Braggers Thread on the Breeds page, you can see the general colors you'd get from Ideal.

1 person likes this.
  3. heath_elisha

heath_elisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    We purchased some chicks from a lady who said the Ameracuana (really Easter Eggers) came from Ideal. Some were debeaked (not happy with that!!!!) But they are beautiful birds- one is SUCH a character lol charges you when you open the coop door. I am overall happy with them- but they are still young and we will not see eggs for a few more months.

Fluff- the most outgoing little chick I have ever met lol the one that charges us- debeaked on the top only

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

debeaked white ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by