Ideal any good?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Dirty_South_Chickens, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Dirty_South_Chickens

Dirty_South_Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I am looking to get some red sex links and some wyandottes and I happen to live close to Ideal. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Ideal is a great hatchery. I wish I lived closer to them.

3. Dirty_South_Chickens

Apr 23, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Cool thanks! oh come on now whats a 2 hr. drive for some great yard birds lol besides you got a great river walk!

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

They have nice birds, but..... They keep delaying my orders, so I'm quitting them.
    Order straight run. If you want them sexed, you'll get straight run anyway. Well, that's my experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  5. Dirty_South_Chickens

Apr 23, 2010
    Waco, TX
    OK well that is whats so good about the sex link birds...their color tells you the gender. Thanks

6. steveyou

steveyou Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Southeast Georgia
    I purchased 25 mixed straight run bantams from Ideal about 4 weeks ago. They are very easy to work with and have the best prices in my opinion.

7. augustmomx2

augustmomx2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've gotten all of my chickens (except for the most recent batch of meaties) thru Ideal. I've been super-pleased, they have always arrived healthy and happy. Last year I ordered 12 females, only got one male and this year 16 females, with no males [​IMG] I have both their GSLs and SLWs. The GSLs are super-layers, very nice, cold-hardy chickens. The SLWs are okay layers (to be expected due to the breed) and their coloring is gorgeous. I'll be ordering from Ideal again in the spring [​IMG]

8. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I have ordered from them 4 times already, and plan on it again next year! I always get healthy birds!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by