Ideal bantams and packing peanuts

SlipsWife

Songster
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
Odessa, Texas
I finally got a few pictures of our 2 orders. The first one was 10 bantams (we have 4 left, the weather was just way to cold and hard on them) and 6 packing peanuts (there were 7). The second order were 9 Turken/Naked Necks, and 5 packing peanuts that I believe are male black sex links. I really thought that all of the packing peanuts from the first order were EE, males, but now I'm not sure...

A few of the Turkens. There were 4 black, and then a mix of light colors for the other 5.

Bantam 1, clean legs

Bantam 2, clean legs, largest of the bantams, really white, white leghorn maybe?

Bantam 3, tiny

Bantam 4, teeny, tiny

Packing Peanuts, the first order (not the black sex links) are MONSTERS, not just in size and heft but a few of them are evil...there's one that super sweet...just...one...I'm hoping it was mis-sexed and turns out to be a pullet
fl.gif

The yellow packing peanut that seems extra fluffy to me but I'm not sure if its EE fluffy...

I see what might be a buttercup or 2 and there's a few that might be something other then ees. You'll have to post back in a few weeks, once they feather out so we can guess better.

I see what might be a buttercup or 2 and there's a few that might be something other then ees. You'll have to post back in a few weeks, once they feather out so we can guess better.

I was torn on the 2 that look like Buttercups too...They are both on the top of the pecking order and the most active, that's for sure. I guess I just assumed they would all be the same breed.

Bantam 4 looks like a bantam black-breasted-red-old-english. It's a tad early to make a statement on it, but I've had several over the years and it's the spitt'n image of them.
Your packing peanuts look like EE's to me.

Bantam 4 looks like a bantam black-breasted-red-old-english. It's a tad early to make a statement on it, but I've had several over the years and it's the spitt'n image of them.
Your packing peanuts look like EE's to me.
I will look it up and see! I'm still not sure if its going to make it. We've had them for a week tomorrow and its always been the weakest. Its super tiny, the wing feathers are coming in 'weird' to me...I'm not sure how else to explain it. It stops and does a series of squats randomly, almost like its constipated or an egg squat...silly chicken, and its probably a roo...
lol.png
It has out lived a few others from that shipment though so maybe it just has its quirks!

Poor thing...they are about the gentlest breed we've had. Even though I keep only full size hens, we still have one (Ziggy) because the kids absolutely love them, and she's the only hen that will let them carry her around all day.

With the squatting I'd think there's a problem, but I've seen broiler chicks pull out of it, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom