Ideal chicks, anyone?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MissAnnieFrannie, Jan 19, 2010.

1. MissAnnieFrannie

MissAnnieFrannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    East TN
    OK...so I posted this on craigslist, but it was flagged for removal [​IMG] I hope I posted this in the right section....

Anyways, Is there anyone here in East TN that would like to split an Ideal order for chicks? I am hoping not to get stuck with too many roos, even if they are free [​IMG] (an dif this isnt the right section i apologize, please point me in the right direction).

Thanks!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When do you plan to order? If you wait a little later in the year, once the weather warms up, you can order sexed pullet chicks from Ideal, ask that male chicks not be added for warmth and pay a small (couple $$) in shipping insurance.
    I cannot have any packing peanuts (males added for warmth) in my order this year because my space is limited. I plan to order this week, ask for delivery the first week in May, and request that the males not be included.

3. MissAnnieFrannie

Jan 12, 2010
    East TN
    Lol, yeah, i called and spoke with a rep, and she said considering where i live and when i want them (i told her late april, though i would rather have them early march) she said they will still include the males...I offered to pay extra for overnight, but she said it is because my quantity is so small (i can only handle five chicks until i learn more, still quite to n00b). So hence my pleas for smeone to split an order. I wouldnt mind caring for the little roos for a couple weeks if i could find them homes, but i am scared that i wont be able to find any homes for them [​IMG]

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Ah, I see. I am ordering 12. I already spoke to Teri @ Ideal about it. She is a BYC member.
    Good luck. I hope you find someone to split an order.

5. MissAnnieFrannie

Jan 12, 2010
    East TN
    Thanks. Me too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by