Ideal Chicks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Texasgirl1199, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Texasgirl1199

Texasgirl1199 New Egg

Jan 4, 2014
    so we just ordered some 57 [​IMG]straight run chicks from Ideal poultry. They are supposed to get here around Valentines day (Feb. 14) I'm SOO excited!![​IMG] So feel free to post any photos of your chickens/chicks from Ideal. Do they have good quality? It's our first time ordering from them. We normally get them from our local feedstore. So anyways, we ordered;

7 Ameraucanas
    7 Black Sex Links
    7 Black Broilers
    7 Assorted Silkies
    7 Partridge Wyandottes
    7 Cuckoo Marans
    7 Blue Red Cubalayas
    7 Gold Laced Wyandottes

We also bought some of the 'GroGel Plus-B' hatching supplement. So.. that's it for now but I'd LOVE to see Y'all's Ideal Chickens!![​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    I bet you are excited! I cannot wait to get my chicks this year! Be sure to post pics :)

3. Texasgirl1199

Texasgirl1199 New Egg

Jan 4, 2014
    I am!! I sure plan on getting some pics up for Y'all!

4. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Wow, 57 chicks!!! You will have some serious brooding going on come Feb. 14. You will also have a whole lot of roosters in a few months. But if you are comfortable processing them then that may have been your plan anyhow.

I ordered pullet chicks from them and they grew up to be great hens. I really like the selection of breeds that they have. Although they are probably considered pet quality, not show quality.

Buff Brahma
    [​IMG]
    Brahma with Barred Rock
    [​IMG]
    Brahma as chick
    [​IMG]
    Russian Orloff are in the chicken pile, too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's very exciting!! Congrats to you! That's a lot of chickens too! Enjoy them all! Also, welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!

6. Texasgirl1199

Texasgirl1199 New Egg

Jan 4, 2014
    Thanks! We actually were planning on processing the roosters (lol)[​IMG] Thanks for the photos! your chickens are beautiful!!! We don't usually show chickens but we do keep them for eggs. My family thinks I'm crazy for wanting to keep them as 'pets' but I AM SO EXCITED!!![​IMG][​IMG]

7. Texasgirl1199

Texasgirl1199 New Egg

Jan 4, 2014
    Hey folks! The chicks are almost 2mo.s now and turns out we have a LOT of little ROOSTERS!! Yay! So we are planning on selling MOSt of them locally. About how much should we sell them or should we sell them? We have mostly young Cuckoo Marans Males. Any pricing ideas? Sorry for the lack if pictures-my parents wouldn't let me post any- ANYWAYS, any replies would be great! Also, at what age should we move them out of their own little coop and into the bg coop? Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by