Ideal Crested Special!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Andora, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I got five chicks from the Ideal Crested Special today in my order. I can tell that three are Polish, and I'm guessing at what colors they'll be. Take a look and tell me what you think...

Gold Laced Polish?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White Crested Black Polish?

[​IMG]

Silver Laced Polish?

[​IMG]

I think this one might be a Sultan.

[​IMG]

And this one is mysterious, but because of the black beak I'm thinking maybe Crevecoeur? I can't seem to find much about this breed online, not even any good adult pictures of it. It's the saddest one of the bunch, not quite as energetic or eager to eat and drink like the others are. I hope it makes it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, these are straight run so any ideas on gender? It's a bit soon to tell, I know. I know the difference in the crest for the Polish, but I know nothing about Sultans or Crevecoeur. (How do you pronounce that!?!)

I also got some EE's, 6 pullets. They all have such different coloring. From one that's nearly all black to one that's leopard printed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm so excited to see how they all feather out!

2. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I have never had polish, but I just have to say they are all so adorable! [​IMG]

Anyone out there know???

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    1 GL
    2 WC black
    3 WC blue
    4 sultan
    5 could be a crevecour

EEs - won't be able to tell gender until they are older, as well as the feather pattern, since it varies so greatly in EEs.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  4. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    All of the EE's should be pullets unless they made a mistake. I never considered a blue polish...that's kind of exciting! Getting the crested special was kind of like Christmas coming early, I can't wait to order it again next spring. [​IMG]

5. Andora

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    bump...anyone else?

6. The Monkey Mama

The Monkey Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Kennesaw, GA
    The white one with the feathered legs looks like my silkie chicks, but it would depend on how the feathers grow in - it could be a different feather footed breed if it doesn't get in the "silkie fur" LOL!

I don't know about the others - they sure are cute though!

Kelly

7. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    The first one is a homosapian animalicus lovicus. They are adorable, but lots of work. The animalicus lovicus variety often bring home other species for you to take care of. I had one of those of the female gender and when she learned to drive we all types of species at our house. There is no treatment or cure for this particular type of condition. [​IMG]

8. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Adorable! 3rd. picture down looks like my white crested black Polish's twin.[​IMG]

9. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    The first one is definately a Goldlaced Polish.

10. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    I know this is a little delayed, but I breed Crevecoeurs, and that is definitely a Crevecoeur. And it's pronounced Crev-uh-coor. How to sex it? Wait until it's about 5mo and it starts crowing, lol.

But really, they're difficult to sex. I went for about 6 months thinking one of my babes was a pullet, she was in with the pullets, acted and looked like them. I sold her, and a month later got a call telling me that she was crowing. I immediately appologized and told the guy I would offer a 100% refund and take "him" back, but his buddy wanted a new cockerel, so everything was fine.

After my ramble I point is that they can be late bloomers. It's just a matter of time. Pointy hackle, sickle feathers, etc. The same way you would sex any other bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by