Ideal gave me the wrong breed, 11 Week pullet breed ID

Cedius

Chirping
Sep 7, 2022
Apparently, Ideal sent me the wrong breed. I requested Red Star pullets. Am I correct, are these Production Reds instead? RR? They look nothing like the Ideal Stock photo. .

Attachments

• IMG_4416.PNG
    IMG_4416.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4273 (1).jpg
    IMG_4273 (1).jpg
    873.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4278.jpg
    IMG_4278.jpg
    888 KB · Views: 4
This is what they looked like as chicks (all the lighter ones)

Attachments

• IMG_1450 (2).jpg
    IMG_1450 (2).jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 4
They are a cross breed, so different hatcheries can use different breeds to make their hybrids. Ideal has gold star, red star, & brown star, along with production red, Rhode Island Red & New Hampshire. I don’t think they look like ISA Browns (which is what I think of when I hear Red Star), but since there is no SOP for hybrids, they could use anything in their mix.

They are a cross breed, so different hatcheries can use different breeds to make their hybrids. Ideal has gold star, red star, & brown star, along with production red, Rhode Island Red & New Hampshire. I don’t think they look like ISA Browns (which is what I think of when I hear Red Star), but since there is no SOP for hybrids, they could use anything in their mix.
These look nothing like their stock photo for their Red Stars. Their stock photo looks like your typical Red Sex link. I don't believe these to be Red Sex Links (their description even says that their red stars are sexable at hatch). If they are a cross breed, then my original speculation is that they're production reds. I'm just curious if anyone is familiar with Production Reds, and if that is what they are, or if they're RIR.

Back
Top Bottom