Ideal Hatchery Box

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by NakedNeck, Apr 7, 2009.

1. NakedNeck

NakedNeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Does anyone have any pictures of what the shipping box is going to look like (inside of it) when the chicks arrive?

Thank you! [​IMG]

2. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Here was my box from them last year.
    [​IMG]

3. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    well I don't have a pic but I do know how it looks like! when you open it you will see a bunch of chicks!!! lol if you have more than 25 they box will be separated by a carton in the middle and you will have 2 breeds in one side and 2 on the other (or just 1 uf you order only one breed) and they chicks will be on top of straw.

4. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    Mine from this year and as soon as I got home [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NakedNeck

NakedNeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Are the dots on their heads for showing what breed they are?

Thank you for the feedback everyone! [​IMG]

6. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I think the dots typically mark the male "packing peanuts"

7. idealpoultry

idealpoultry Official BYC Community Sponsor

Sep 25, 2007
    Cameron, TX
    The dots can mean several things. If you ask us to identify the breeds we will mark on your invoice what color we mark each breed. If you only ask us to identify your males we will do that also. Just remember if you want us to identify them you must ask. There is no charge but it is time consuming so we only mark the orders for people that request for us to.

Teri
    Ideal Poultry

8. TillinWithMyPeeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:That is great!! I can't believe a hatchery would actually take that extra time. [​IMG]

9. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey Teri --

I received an order of around 45 chicks from you guys, two weeks ago. I wanted to let you know that I'm happy with every part of my experience with you guys. The customer service was great (I called a BUNCH of times to change details about the order!), the chicks arrived less than 24 hours after being shipped, all chicks were and are healthy, no losses at all. The jury is still out on accuracy of sexing and how closely the birds will match breed standards as adults, but so far it has been very pleasant dealing with y'all. [​IMG]

Ione Smith

ETA: btw, how do you put the dots on? I have tried marking chicks with liquid food coloring, and it didn't work well at all. What's your technique?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  10. TillinWithMyPeeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I have heard of people using washable markers (like the crayola ones), but, I don't know if this is how Ideal does it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by