1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal Hatchery chicks aren't here yet =(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BellLisamo, Jan 22, 2010.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    The babies were due to arrive today. I never imagined that I would have to worry about such horrible weather. I would haven't ordered if I had known. It's so sad.

Last time I ordered chicks from cackle, they arrived at 6am, and I gt a call at 6:30am.

It's 7:40am right now and I am worried [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Our post office usually gets another truck around noon. Maybe yours does too and they will be on there later? Hope they arrive safely!!

3. RM44

RM44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    Woodstock, Georgia
    It will be okay! I like to worry too. Usually I worry for nothing. Here's hoping you aren't reading this and instead are on the way to the Post Office right now.....

4. bantamsrus

bantamsrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Charlotte, MI
    I would call. I have gotten chicks/other poultry in before and they haven't called me!! [​IMG] (Somebody different working that day)

5. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:I called about 15 minutes ago... no chicks. [​IMG]

I called them on Monday to let them know they are coming, and they know they are supposed to call me right away

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  6. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    They may come in on the second delivery of the day. I got my call around 10am the day mine arrived...

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Find out where your distribution center is and call them. They may be sitting there waiting for the next truck, which could be tomorrow. You should be able to pick your chicks up there anytime 24/7.

8. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    pips&peeps :

Find out where your distribution center is and call them. They may be sitting there waiting for the next truck, which could be tomorrow. You should be able to pick your chicks up there anytime 24/7.

How do I find out the distribution center? From my post office?​

9. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Call you PO and ask for the number of the distrubution center!!!! Ours is about an hour away, but I would totally drive there and get them instead of waiting!!!

Once our post office didn't call me (and I called them before and specifically told them to call me when they arrived, no matter what time) and they didn't show up till like 3pm when THE MAILMAN DELIVERED THEM [​IMG] [​IMG] They had to ride his entire route all day, I was livid! Luckily all were fine, but I did call the post office and complain.

10. OverEggstended

OverEggstended Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    SW Washington State
    Is there no way to get a tracking number from Ideal? I am new to this whole idea of animals by mail. I am getting a new parrot... but have to drive to the airport to get it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by