1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal hatchery choice bantam special??? question???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BellLisamo, Jan 11, 2010.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Can anyone tell me what you got in the assortment? I have one coming in 2 weeks, im super excited! They are obviously st.run, but what did you get????

Thanks!!!!!

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    The assortments of bantams I've seen the feed stores get from Ideal included lots of OEGBs, Silkies, some d'Uccles and Moderns.

3. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG]

cool!

no cochins? frizzles?

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:I've seen some cochins in there as well, but at a couple of days old, it's hard to tell if they are frizzled. [​IMG]

5. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG]

Thanks! Im not getting my hopes up. I just want fuzzy butts!

6. bubblebean11

bubblebean11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    20 min N of Denver
    I got gold and silver sebrights 2 each color. 2 gray? cochins 2 red cochins 2 birchen cochins? 1 d'anver, 1 black cochin, 2 oegb different colors, 2 d'uccles different colors, 2 cornish light colored, 1 brahma, 1 japanese, 2 I am not sure of they look like brahmas with no leg feathers 1 welsummer 1 white laces wyndott sorry not sure what the real names of all the colors are. I did get a cute bunch though, alot of variety. FunFun!!

7. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:awwww how cool!!!! im super excited!!!!

did they send you the list to tell you what they were?

8. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    I got this mix a few years ago and got bbr oeg's, silkies blue white and partridge, cochins blue mottled white and partridge(1 was a red frizzle), golden sebrights - that's all I can think of off the top of my head. They all did really well and my daughters fav was the oegs. I still have most of them including a cochin roo that loves to ride down the slide with my daughter [​IMG]

9. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i should go home and tell them to ship early! we cant im not ready!

10. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    IIm exited for you! I have cochins myself and it is SO fun to whatch them grow. What an experience. Especially cochins, not only do you whatch them grow, you whatch there feathered feet grow, there form grow there cushion, and most of all there personality grow. more so than other chickens i think [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by