Ideal Hatchery Extras

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by 5Chickens, Apr 4, 2009.

1. 5Chickens

5Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2007
    If I ordered about 10-12 chicks from Ideal Hatchery, will they send any extras? I wouldnt mind a couple extra...[​IMG]

2. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    they snd anywere from 1 to 4 extras

3. Edfewlass

Edfewlass Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2009
    Callahan Fl
    Quote:I ord in Jan got 15 extra mostly males but I think there is a couple hens in there too

4. 5Chickens

5Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2007
    They would be arriving in Summer. So do you think they would send only a couple?

5. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:I ord in Jan got 15 extra mostly males but I think there is a couple hens in there too

how many did you order to get that many free? Wow i wish they sent me that many free.

6. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    I got 12 in early march

7. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

If you ordered from Ideal for summer delivery they probably won't send any packing peanuts. I received 3 order from them last year; 2 order in June and 1 order in August and didn't get one extra.

Of course be careful what you wish for! I placed an order with them in January that shipped the last week in March. They arrived during CO's first big snowstorm of the winter and I received 13 packing peanuts to protect the 5 chicks I ordered!!

Sonja

8. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I ordered 9 chicks from ideal.

they sent about 10 extras.......[​IMG]

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I ordered six silkies from Ideal and they sent six silverlaced wyandottes as packing peanuts.

10. Edfewlass

Edfewlass Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2009
    Callahan Fl

how many did you order to get that many free? Wow i wish they sent me that many free.

I ordered 10 BR they sent 15 extra buff orpington

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by