IDEAL HATCHERY QUESTION

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, Feb 10, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    I LOOKED ON THERE WEBSITE AND I WANT TO ORDER 9 PULLETS AND A MALE DELEWARE. IT CAME TO 33.OO AND CHANGE MY QUESTION IS . IS THAT INCLUDEING SHIPPING OR NOT. THERES A SMALL BOX FEE AND A OTHER FEE TO BRING IT TO 33 SOMETHING. I COULDNT FIND THE SHIPPING PRICES.

2. RIVERA69R

RIVERA69R Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    VENICE FL
    Not sure but i just ordered from cackle hatchery 10 buff orphingtons and 5 barred rocks (pullets) with vaccinations and shipping and it was 58 dollars.

3. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ideal will send you a confirmation and it will have the total. There should be a small order fee $7.00 a quarter box fee $5.00 what ever the postage is, and the cost of your chicks.

They are very friendly on the phone you could just give them a call or PM Teri (owner) I don't remember her name on here but somebody should have it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  4. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:WILL THEY GIVE ME A TOTAL BEFORE I HAVE TO COMMIT TO ORDER I JUST WANT A ESTIMATE BEFORE I ORDER.

5. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    I believe so, at least it did with my order, if there is any difference I don't think it would be but a few pennies. Also if you are not happy you have plenty of time to call to cancel, as I had stated they are very good with customers and very accommodating. Your card is not charged either until the time of shipment.

6. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I speak directly to Kibbie. Here is her email addy: [email protected]. You can email or call her with your order and she will explain everything you want to know before the sale is finalized.

What are you ordering??

7. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    I ordered 3 Silver Laced Wyandotte pullets, 2 Buff Orpington pullets, 2 Buff Orp males and 3 RIR pullets and the total was right at $26.00 and that was including shipping and everything plus Mereks vaccine. I also got 2 free replacement pullets from the two that died in my last order, and I got 8 extra males that I sold the same day for $5 (for all 8).

I think Ideal's prices are extremally reasonable and you can't beat their low shipping. They also have great customer service.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  8. WildBurroShirts.com

WildBurroShirts.com Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2008
    Carson City, NV
    Quote:Wellllll, they did email quote the first time. And the woman was very nice on the phone. I emailed to tell her they arrived ok and she said to order via her email if I wanted more.

I did want more, and emailed her 11 times: no answer.

So I called, and the new woman on the phone was very nice, and did quote me for the new order.

The important thing: all the chicks arrived alive and healthy.

9. blueseal

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:want a deleware male, 3 white rocks pulletts, 2 silverlaced pulletts, 2 black sexlink pulletts, 2 golden laced wyanndotte pulletts.

10. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Cackle has great chickens. I ordere some barred rocks last year and they are laying very well.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by