Ideal Hatchery Questions

fluffychickens

Songster
9 Years
Sep 1, 2010
Missouri
I am thinking about ordering from Ideal and want to know about thier service and I would like to see pictures of thier moderns,cochins and OEGB. All bantams.

I bought a Grab Bag Bargain Rare Feathered Feet Bantam they had not long ago, and all mine arrived alive and healthy, and are growing up a storm, I ordered online, no calls placed, and had a great outcome.

I have ordered from them 3-4 time just for "colors" I needed for some color crossing projects I have been working on.
I have never been so lucky, usually 4-5 DOA, and about 50% dead in a few days after. All I get always seem to be very weak chicks, only had a few turn into good quality birds, most are very weak in their colors. Got some gold necks and red pyles this year, the goldnecks ended up being solid orange, and the pyles, near all white with faint yellow shoulders, a far cry from what either should look like. Their silkies are very poor from what I have seen.
I hate to talk down on their quality, I only buy from them because they are the only hatchery with the "colors" in the breeds I need for my work. They do have excellent service and will replace ant DOA chicks though no questions asked, and many have had good luck with them, just not me on the survival/ correct to type and color ends of things.

I've ordered from them. I've ordered online.. then changed my mind and called in the change. They were always pleasant and I got what I ordered, on time, and still own every single one of them (except the extra roos).

I don't have the breeds you are asking for pics of...

have fun!

Quote:
Im confused.

bout what?
I always seem to have some dead on arrival (D.O.A.) and for some reason about 1/2 the others die in the following 2-4 days.The rest seem to make it just fine if they get over the first week,
Like I said, their bantams always seem very weak on arrival, no sure why? May be the TX to GA trip, but I ship all over the country with very little to any trouble at all.

I have ordered from them 4-5 times as well, mainly for the color/breed choice you cant get elsewhere. I have had several DOAs in every box, One box only had 6 birds live out of 50. Several weak/non thriving deaths days later even with grogel and electrolites in every order.
Some of the Silkie colors "later as adults" breed out normal feathered chicks. Beak issues in Silkies and EEs, Horrid crippled legged birds in RIRs (many times), Marans did not lay any darker than my Barred Rocks.
As far as customer service and politeness goes they are wonderful. They refunded anything DOA, Death in a few days, cripples and etc.. Always happy to chat with you. No questions asked, Wonderful service... Just not great quality Birds IMO. Dont expect anything SQ.

With Some of the other hatcheries I have lost one or two in an order (but not every time I order)Ideals Deaths tends to be higher IMO.

Back
Top Bottom