1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal Hatchery Surprise

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 5Chickens, Mar 15, 2008.

1. 5Chickens

5Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2007
    I am going to order 14 hens and 1 rooster from ideal and I would like to get 3 Surprise Chick order along with it.What breeds do they usually put in the "surprise"?Pictures would be great too![​IMG]

2. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    I don't know what they put in there. I havn't ever ordered from them, but I see folks asking people to identify on the Raising baby chicks forum. Maybe you could try posting this there.

Gwen

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Ideal will use what ever extra chicks they have on that day. So it could literally be anything on the list of chicks they have available.

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I added 10 to my order last summer and I got 3 Barred Rocks,3 Black Sex Links,2 Production Reds, and 2 Turkens.They sent me all excellent layers but you never know what you will get.

5. countrychicken

countrychicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2008
    Mine from Ideal were 5 SS Hamburgs, 5 White Cochins, 5 Buff leghorns, 5 Columbian Wyandottes, and 5 Black Lahnshans (sp?) These are actually a friend of mine, but I am raising them for her.

6. sfisher

sfisher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Myrtle Beach
    If we told you, it wouldnt be a surprise!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by