1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal Hatchery - Weekly Special

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by protodon, Jan 28, 2010.

1. protodon

protodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Nottingham,PA
    Can anyone explain Ideal Hatchery's weekly specials to me and how predictable they are? The middle of this month, I order 25 pekin ducks for $100. Then I see weekly specials where the same amount of pekins would cost $40 to $45 if I ordered for 1/27 or 2/3. That is MUCH cheaper! But my brooder is not setup for that many until mid feb when mine will arrive. But in the future I would definitely like to go with the weekly specials if they always have cheap pekins for sale , rather than ordering weeks ahead and paying more than double.

2. camalianus

camalianus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    I do not believe their special are predictable. I have recieved email with special including guineas, turkey poults, banties, rainbow layer, ducks, etc. Whatever are still laying and hatching. You never know what they are going to have for sale. The only problem I have found with these sales is: For those of us living in the north is kind a risky to get any poultry ship during the winter time. [​IMG] I do not know if I will take the chance but the sales are pretty good. [​IMG]

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Even if you do take the chance, they guarantee 100% live birds when they arrive. Any lost within 72 hours, will be refunded...

Enabler??? NNAAAA not me!!!

I ordered their special on the bantams for 99cents and the pullets for $1.30 [​IMG]

4. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Ahhh!!! I wish I hadn't read this post. I have finally gotten the nod (he didn't say not to get ducks and I have been pouring over every hatchery looking at pricing. I didn't know that ducks were that much more expensive than chickens. I am over the price shock but I think I will wait for warmer weather than we get here in East Central Minnesota and I really wanted to see the yellow fuzzy guys walking on the grass not stuck in the chicken coop. Guess I will wait! Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by