Ideal Hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ajlynco, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ajlynco

ajlynco Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Reno, NV.
    I may be setting myself up to look like a fool but ( to those of you who've ordered day-olds ) I can't find the shipping charges on my order from Ideal Hatchery. I'm aware of the airmail charge, 1/4 box and the small order charge. When I went to place my order there was no shipping included. My order was a little over $25 and the total was less than $37. Am I missing something?? [​IMG]

2. kab

kab Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Hey,
    I looked. All I saw was a $2.25 Air Mail charge and also a $7 small order charge. I would think that they definitely charge shipping....

Sorry I couldn't help.

3. PTFowl

PTFowl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    WA
    I ordered 15 chicks from IP in August. Shipping and handling totaled $2.25. They also charged $7 for Small Order Charge and $3 for QBC. I don't remember what the QBC stands for. I would order from them again.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Maybe quarter box charge?

5. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    I think it is quarter box charge.

They had this on their website:

BOXING EQUIVALENTS FOR ONE FOURTH OF A BOX:

Chicks, Bantams, Guineas, Pheasants, and Chukar -- 25.
    Turkey Poults and Ducklings -- 20.
    Goslings -- 8.

My 1st chickens ever were from Ideal over 4 yrs ago. They have been the healthiest birds I've had and are still laying very well!

6. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    Quote:QBC = Quarter box charge.

Quote:The actual shipping charge depends upon zip code. In your case, there is probably the flat rate of $7.00 in addition to any small order fee and QBC.

Somewhere on this mess called a desk is a price list I picked up from a quick visit a week ago when I went over to visit my mom. She doesn't live that far away from Cameron, TX and it gave me an excuse to "ooh", "ahhh", and "I want!!" a bit [​IMG]

7. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    What are you getting [​IMG] ?

8. ajlynco

ajlynco Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Reno, NV.
    OK folks, here's the lowdown on shipping. I just got off the phone with Ideal Hatcheries. There's NO shipping! Air mail charge of $.15 per chick, a QBC (1/4 box charge), and a Small Order charge. I'm ordering 6 RIR's and 5 BR's (I only wanted 3&3 but needed to meet the $25 minimum poultry order requirements Ideal imposes). With all charges my total came to $36.44. That's a VERY significant savings!! [​IMG] I'll be expecting my chicky-babies in mid October. Now I have to upgrade my start up plans from 6 to 11. Oh well...I'm sure someone here in Reno will take any off my hands if I need. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Lisa0318

Lisa0318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    I got my silkie babys for my broody silkie hen last tursday from ideal and i thaught the price was great compared to other hatcheries, and they arrived safe and healthy. Im defenately goin to order from Ideal again. [​IMG]

10. chicharomirinda

chicharomirinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Reno, NV
    [​IMG] chicken math has started already! I got my order of chicks from ideal on the 16th and was very pleased. They are so reasonable there and every one of the 25 I ordered arrived safe and sound.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by