1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal Hatchery's Black Australorps

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by shelleyb1969, Oct 11, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I'm considering ordering some black australorp pullets from Ideal. Has anyone ordered these from Ideal before? And how is the quality of their Australorps? I'm not wanting to show, I just want some big black beauties!

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Ordered mine from Welp's this Spring and they are great, beautiful birds! Might want to consider them. Great customer service too!

3. shelleyb1969

I'll check them out. I order from Ideal because I don't have to get a boat-load of chicks to meet minimum. Thanks!

4. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I got my Austalorps from Meyer & they are beauties. Meyer does small orders, too.

5. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I had purchased Australorps from Ideal 2 years ago. They were good layers. Their eggs were medium to large and the hens really were not as big as I expected. But, they wre pretty and black.

6. shelleyb1969

Quote:Just checked Meyers...none available. [​IMG]
    Keep searching....

7. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    i got mine from a local hardware store but they came from Ideal i'm pretty sure. I am very very very pleased with mine. one started laying at 4 months and has been laying ever since and shes 7 months now. i didnt even want australorps but i'm so glad i got them now.

8. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Good luck finding BAs. The 3 I originally got from the feed store were supposed to be BAs but were actually BRs. And I know they came from Ideal. I heard from another feed store that they ordered BAs and were sent BRs. If you find any, let me know:D. I'd still like some big black babies..sigh. Maybe in the spring. Send pics when you do get them!

9. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    Quote:the 2 i got from the feed store where supposed to be BR,turned out to be BA!!! they where from ideal to!! sorry i just find that funny!! unway i LOVE my BA they are the friendliest prettiest birds! i have 1 BR and well, shes sort of dumb!! pretty but dumb! everyone that sees my chickens remarks about my "fat black chickens!" lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by