IDEAL ? i need some answers

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ilovemydog, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ilovemydog

ilovemydog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    I was thinking of ordering some chicks from Ideal Poultry, but do not want any extra males...and i want all the pullets i order to be pullets...i don't want to think its a pullet and turn in to a rooo! Is ideal pretty accurate on there sexing of birds?

Thanks

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Most all hatheries can only guarantee 90 to 95% acuracy. As a sexer I can tell you from experiance that's the best anyone can guarantee.

My last order off 100 pullets from Ideal was 101 pullets with the extras they sent and 2 cockrells. Pretty good odds I thought.

3. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    NO ONE can give you 100% accuracy when it comes to sexing chicks.
    And if they say they can then their lying.

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I had 24/24. one died before determining it's sex. It died accidentally, by no fault of Ideal.
    I was happy with their services.

5. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    if you dont want the extra males (packing peanuts) tell them not to add them.

6. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    They have done pretty good at sexing for me . [​IMG] You don't have to have the packing peanuts . But nobody can give a 100 % .

7. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    No hatchery can give you 100% accuracy, I ordered from Ideal once and everything I ordered was correct

8. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    They are having a special on Assorted Pullets for like $1.50 each I think right now. I had a great experience with Ideal. haven't ordered any sexed chickens from them tho. Be sure and tell the in the comments you dont want any extras I got a couple extras in mine.

9. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    All 7of mine are from Ideal. They are just 10 weeks and I haven't heard any crowing yet [​IMG]

10. ilovemydog

ilovemydog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Thanks for replies..still thinking on earning~ BUT that makes me feel better about the good reviews.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by