1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal Pheasant Incubation?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by ammar khan, Mar 22, 2015.

1. ammar khan

ammar khan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2015
    Hi everyone , this is my first thread here , I am going to incubate pheasant eggs in this season , i have ring neck , blue , silver , yellow golden pheasant. I purchased a forced air incubator(Manual). I need ideal temperature and humidity measurements for these pheasant , Can i incubate all breed eggs in one incubator? Thanks

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Temp should be 99.5 and humidity is different in each areas some places have for natural humidity then others,but 55% seems to be an average.If you have a Styrofoam incubator you may have trouble holding the temp as styrofoam breaths and the inside temp will fluctuate with the room temp.If you have a fan in the bator you will have better luck.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. ammar khan

Mar 22, 2015
    thnx , yes i have a fan installed in my incubator , what should be the humidity in the lockdown period?

4. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I don't change mine as when they hatch there is moister from inside the egg which adds to the humidity in the bator.
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. ammar khan

Mar 22, 2015
    alright , but is there any value i should check on hygrometer during lockdown period ? ideal value ?

6. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I don't know what you are using for a hygrometer,but I've found that the wicks dry out way to fast to get an accurate reading.With the R-com you set temp and humidity and the machine does the rest,as long as you keep the reservoir full.
    In N.H.,Tony.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  7. ammar khan

Mar 22, 2015
    actually its bit different , i am using an incubator which is made of same material as in this picture just external design is bit different ,
    it has 4 bulbs of 100 watts connected with a thermostat manually controlled ,
    tray for eggs manual turning ,
    tray for water,
    fan installed ,
    i am checking temperature and humidity by these two instruments(in pictures),
    but there is slight fluctuation of readings in both , digital and analog meters readings are different ?
    warehouse and market guys who sell these meters say analog reading and digital reading is different from each other to some points , is it true?
    which one should i follow ?
    thnx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by