Ideal Poultry Assorted Pullets

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Minnowey, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Minnowey

Minnowey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2016
    Northwest Oregon
    These chicks were shipped on Wednesday, I ordered 15 and only 7 are alive at this point. They were all sexed as pullets. No beards, muffs, featherlegs, or topknots on any of them. All have only 4 toes per foot.
    Chick one has a pea comb, or rose maybe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick 2. I am leaning toward Rose or Pea on this comb, but could still maybe be single.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick 3 has a single comb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chick 4 and 5 are the same. Both have a single comb. Austealorps, maybe?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    The black ones could be australorps, plymouth rocks, or a hundred other things, it's probably best to wait and see when they at least have a few feathers for those. I haven't really seen a chick with the colours of #2 and I don't really know of any redhead peacombs like #1, though I suppose it could be a rosecomb leghorn? probably not, It'll be interesting to see it grow!

3. Minnowey

Dec 30, 2016
    Northwest Oregon
    I hope it's not a rise comb leghorn, I'm not really a fan of the breed. I did look up a few of the leghorns Ideal sells as chicks, it doesn't really look similar. I have more alive than I thought, including two more similar to chick 2, and a little white one, which I will post pics of soon.

ETA: The white one and the two ones similar to chick 2 have died. I have chicks 1,2,3,4,5, and another little black one left. All look like they will survive.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  4. Minnowey

Dec 30, 2016
    Northwest Oregon
    All 4 of the black chicks are looking solid black. None seem barred, so That eliminates Cuckoo Marans and barred rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by