Ideal Poultry Assorted Pullets

Minnowey

Songster
5 Years
Dec 30, 2016
Northwest Oregon
These chicks were shipped on Wednesday, I ordered 15 and only 7 are alive at this point. They were all sexed as pullets. No beards, muffs, featherlegs, or topknots on any of them. All have only 4 toes per foot.
Chick one has a pea comb, or rose maybe.

Chick 2. I am leaning toward Rose or Pea on this comb, but could still maybe be single.

Chick 3 has a single comb.

Chick 4 and 5 are the same. Both have a single comb. Austealorps, maybe?

Last edited:
The black ones could be australorps, plymouth rocks, or a hundred other things, it's probably best to wait and see when they at least have a few feathers for those. I haven't really seen a chick with the colours of #2 and I don't really know of any redhead peacombs like #1, though I suppose it could be a rosecomb leghorn? probably not, It'll be interesting to see it grow!

I hope it's not a rise comb leghorn, I'm not really a fan of the breed. I did look up a few of the leghorns Ideal sells as chicks, it doesn't really look similar. I have more alive than I thought, including two more similar to chick 2, and a little white one, which I will post pics of soon.

ETA: The white one and the two ones similar to chick 2 have died. I have chicks 1,2,3,4,5, and another little black one left. All look like they will survive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom