Ideal poultry "packing peanuts"?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by sydney13, Mar 18, 2011.

1. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I have placed an order from Ideal and its supposed to arrive on May 4th [​IMG]
    I was able just to cover the $25 minimum by getting 1 toulouse gander, 3 silkies (white, blue, and black) and a campbell duck. I ordered through them before for a toulouse goose and 6 barred rocks. They sent me an extra barred rock but I will never know if it turned out to be a rooster because I was giving them to a farm down the street.
    With the order I have just placed I am keeping the goose and the rest is for a friend who also has a small flock. I don't think they will mind if Ideal sends an extra silkie for warmth but I know that they don't want to get end up with leghorn roos or something else like that, thats added for warmth.
    So I was wondering how many packing peanuts I should expect and would they be the same kind of birds I ordered or some laying breed roo?

2. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I ordered 15 Lav Cochins, and got 11 Lav Cochins (2 were dead, so 9), and 12 Black clean legged males, I don't know what breed they are. [​IMG]

3. sillyovrsilkies

sillyovrsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Quote:When I ordered from Ideal (10 silkies), the packing peanuts were definitely not silkies-just a plain 'ol yellow chicks.

4. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 10 black, blue & splash LF cochins!! Kept one they were just to cute.

5. Chilifur

Chilifur Rest in Peace 1966-2013

Just received my order of 11 Houdans this morning and all were fine; there are 15 (also all fine) "Reds" in there, according to the pacing slip.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by