Ideal Poultry Question !

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Rainstorm, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Getting ready to order some chicks here in a few weeks but theres a problem! i tried adding up all the breeds on there to see what the price came to with shipping, and it wont let me add all the breeds..? it only lets me add 4 diff breeds/sexs. is that there minium..? I didnt see anything about it on there site so whats up with that?

2. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    you may be better off calin them in person as i did, and get them to quote you a price,

3. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:yes but what im asking is do they have a 4 breed/sex minium? thats all it lets me add

4. cw

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    no they shouldnt, you should be able to do as many breeds as you want . i dont think there website is set up for more then 4 breeds as you say, i believe we tried it as well last year

5. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Alright, Thanks!

6. cw

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    your welcome

7. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    just be aware, I don't know Ideal's policy, but some hatcheries charge an additional fee for each breed you put in a mix.

I usually deal with Ideal on the phone, they are extremely friendly and helpful. I finally entered their number into my cell phone so I wouldn't have to look it up all the time.

Shout out to Regina!! One of my customer service contacts at Ideal. Again, They are all great, but she has helped me several times.

I've got an order coming from them next week. I'm sooooo excited.

[​IMG]

8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    I ordered mine from them and have 5 different breeds plus ducks and didn't have a problem. [​IMG]

9. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:did you order on phone or online? wont let me online

10. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I ordered 6 different breeds. 25 total chicks and my order was 83.00 and some change.(I'm in OH)I called in my order then emailed some changes and they emailed my completed order form. They have been great at calling when breeds I requested became available. They are shipping on the 23rd. I can't wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by