Ideal "poultry shipped" email question...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jossanne, May 18, 2010.

1. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I got an email from Ideal Poultry at 5pm telling me, "Your poultry order has been shipped today. You should expect delivery within 72 hours." But on the same email it says the ship date is 5/19 (tomorrow). That's when I had planned the order would ship. If they shipped today, that's great, but I just wanna know. I'd love it if my babies were a day early.

So... for those of you who have had shipping confirmation emails from Ideal, do they send those the actual day of shipping, or expecting to ship? When do you think my babies were/will be shipped? In past orders from Ideal, I've never had a shipping confirmation email.

2. when i got the same email, they arrived the day I'd planned on, not early.

3. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    I got one sunday for the 17, when they were supposed to be shipped, they were supposed to be here today, then i got an email yesterday(18) that they were shipped on the 19, now i have to call because they did not arrive today like they were supposed to. [​IMG]

4. bigstack

bigstack Songster

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    Mine arrived less than 16 hours from email! But I live bout 300 miles from the hatchery. I love IDEAL! They were awesome to deal with!

Good Luck and God Bless!

5. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    No chicks today, but I wasn't expecting they'd be here today. I'm 829 miles by road from the hatchery, so not TOO far. I'm hoping for tomorrow. Friday at the latest, but I'm [​IMG] for tomorrow...

Thanks for the replies all!

6. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    I was wondering the same question, I got a confirmation email last week that my chicks should ship today, but I haven't received my shipping email. I really hope they ship today! I am less than 200 miles from Ideal Poultry, so I hope I get them 1 day from shipping.

Let us know when you get your chicks.

7. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Songster

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    I used Cackle Hatchery because I live in Missouri and so are they. I got them a day earlier than I thought. I think it is the distance that makes the difference.

8. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Ok I just got my shipped today email about 5pm.

"Ship Date: 5/19/2010

Ship To: JENNA

Your poultry order has been shipped today. You should expect delivery within 72 hours. If you have any problems, please report them within 4 days of arrival. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to providing you with "Ideal Poultry".
    Ideal Poultry Breeding Farms Inc.
    PO Box 591
    Cameron, TX 76520
    254-697-6677 "

Hope you get your chicks soon, me too!

9. jossanne

jossanne Songster

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Hey Newlyweds, we've got the same hatch date. Originally, at least. So if I got my email yesterday, maybe mine did ship yesterday? If so, I am sure they'll be here tomorrow. What'd you order?

10. tigerkitten45

tigerkitten45 Songster

Feb 22, 2010
    NH
    I did a phone order with Ideal on tuesday and my chicks arrived this morning....texas to new hampshire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by