Ideal Poultry

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Theeggboxtoo, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    I was wondering how much do they charge to ship their ducks? Will they ship them in the same box as chicks? I saw the 20 cents per duck, but is there another charge for shipping? On there website in part 2 of the checkout process, is the subtotal on that page the total or is there more?

Any help appreciated!

2. Theeggboxtoo

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Anyone?

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    You could call them and ask them to figure the shipping for you. They have very good customer service.

They have a fee per chick and then there is a small order fee if you are ordering fewer than 100. All totaled up, I think their shipping is pretty reasonable. It added 50 cents per duckling to my order, so $10-$11 for the shipping, or there abouts. It will vary by how many birds you order. Small order shipping is much higher per bird because of the boxing fee and you might want the gro-gel on a small order.

As for putting both ducks and chicks in a box, I don't know. Some of the shipping boxes can have a divider placed in the box. You are going to have to call them, tell them how many birds and what kind, and they can tell you.

4. Theeggboxtoo

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Quote:Thank you! I want to order 1 female Magpie, 2 female crested pekin, 1 male pekin.

5. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know about ducks, but each time I have ordered chicks, either a tiny order or a big order, the shipping totaled around $10 to $11 to California. If I remember, there was a $7 shipping fee, and then once i filled out the address, another $3. for air charges because I live further away.

I agree, just call them and ask. They have excellent, friendly customer service.

6. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I think you need to meet a dollar minimum, meaning, you can order as little as you want,but the total needs to add up to $25, if not, they add on a box fee

7. Theeggboxtoo

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    I have decided to get ducks locally, thank you all for your help. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by