ideal poultry

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by armdchicken, Feb 12, 2012.

1. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    I was wondering about ideal poultry's last hour special. Do you just get their 'left-over' chickens?

2. JenellYB

JenellYB Chillin' With My Peeps

yes. but that doesn't mean they are 'picked through' like you'd think of leftovers at the store....they are just extras they've hatched over the orders they had to fill.

3. armdchicken

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    Do you get a choice or you just get what they have left?

4. JenellYB

I think just what they have left, not much way for them to know ahead how many of what are going to be left over at the end of the day, but you could call and ask them.

5. armdchicken

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    ok...thanks :)

6. JenellYB

Just another thought, looking at where you live, the distance. Don't know if it would matter or not, but it might, and I'd sure ask them about it....I'd think those last minute deals might be packed and go out toward the end of the day of hatch, which added to your distance, could add precious hours to time from hatch to getting to you, cutting into the time a chick can best and most safely survive after hatch without feed or water. You might want to consider that, and ask them about that, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by