Ideal Poultry's Rare Breed Special - PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by greenfamilyfarms, Jul 15, 2010.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    "In order to preserve blood lines we have to set extra breeders each summer in case of a catastrophe with our breeder hatches in June. Therefore next week we have over 3000 Rare Breed Special (Assortment) St. Runs available at this drastically reduced price."

Get 25 or more straight run assorted rare breeds at $1.05 each available the week of July 21. My total for 25 of these plus shipping was $33.25!

Did anybody order or plan on ordering? I'm interested to see what we all get and compare shipments.

UPDATE:

Also, assorted bantams for 85 cents today. Call to order at 800-243-3257, option 2.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. Hi! This is NOT GOOD! My Husband just said "...Get them, you'd be foolish not to..."
    My plate is full with the birds here now, BUT the time I ordered from IDEAL I DID get some decent birds.
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    But I just got down to 15!

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I hear ya! I really don't "need" them, but I plan on giving them to some hens as adoptive chicks. It will be interesting to see what they send.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

AUUUGHHH!!!

...wait...take a deep breath.... I can resist this.... I've never ordered chicks online....don't need to start now...... not straight run......

There. I'm better now. Everybody please just show me the pictures of your Specials when you get them. I'll be okay! [​IMG]

6. E.G.Glayer

E.G.Glayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Blanchester OH
    Dont do this to me! I just ordered some the 1.40 RIR pullets on special. Did anyone ever think maybe we have issues. hahaha

[​IMG]

7. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    You can get all pullets from some of the other hatcheries..I just got 25 for $1.06 each all pullets an extra penny is worth every cent in all pullets [​IMG]

8. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Where? We need to know which hatcheries! Well, I don't but someone does!

9. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Meyer..I got the leghorns for $1.06 but the brown egg laying pullets are only .99 less if you want straight run but why would you [​IMG] they sent me 26 and all are thriving they are not "rare" but they lay great and we like to eat and I don't care one bit about rehoming roos-we have our meat birds so we don't eat the dual purpose

10. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    I am planning to order this week! I got 27 chicks 2 weeks ago! I am addicted, and need my fix!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by