Ideal Pullet Surprise chicks .. **pics** what are they??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by texasgal, Aug 3, 2010.

1. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I ordered 6 "pullet surprise" chicks from ideal last week .. here's what I got:

1. One of these

She is BLACK .. I know the pic makes her look dark brown .. Astrolorp maybe?
    [​IMG]

2. Two of these

[​IMG]

3. And three of these

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated!

~tg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    1-Australorp or jersey Giant. Looks like an Australorp
    2- Buff orpingtons looking
    3-Speckled Sussex looking

Please don;t hunt me down and hurt me if i'm wrong [​IMG] Just joking. Thats what they look like to me. Whatever they are they are very pretty. Thanks and good luck. dusty

3. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:no hunting down or hurting .. lol.

I certainly wouldn't mind buff orps!

I think speckled sussex chicks have a more definitive striping pattern though .. ??

Probably something much more boring like production red, red sex link, rir .. lol ...

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    It looks like there's a white dot on the head of the first one, is there? If so, it's probably a Barred rock. The 2nd looks like Red sex links. I'm not sure on the 3rd.

5. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:There is ... and barred rock would probably be more likely. hmmmmmmm... will the new feathers have barring on them if it is? The wing feathers are growing in solid black..

6. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    The first one is a barred rock, not an australorp.
    The second two are a rhode Island Red and a buff orpington.
    The last three are gold laced wyandottes.

7. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:Ohhhhhhhhhh you sound so positive .. [​IMG]

You think the two in the middle are different, huh? They are different shades of the same color.

I would LOVE for the last three to be wyandottes .. [​IMG] I'll have to see if they were available at Ideal last week.

Their wing feathers are growing out with a pattern onthem, haven;t looked too closely.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  8. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Quote:Ohhhhhhhhhh you sound so positive ..

You think the two in the middle are different, huh? They are different shades of the same color.

I would LOVE for the last three to be wyandottes .. [​IMG] I'll have to see if they were available at Ideal last week.

Their wing feathers are growing out with a pattern onthem, haven;t looked too closely.

oh sorry. i didnt mean it that way it just sounds different when you are typing.

9. texasgal

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:Ohhhhhhhhhh you sound so positive ..

oh sorry. i didnt mean it that way it just sounds different when you are typing.

Oh, I didn't mean that in a bad way .. it just sounded like you were sure .. It was exciting! lol

10. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    I'm not certain, but I don't think the last 3 are wyandottes. Yours appear to have dark legs, wyandottes don't. The color could be partridge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by