1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by echlfan, Feb 13, 2009.

1. echlfan

echlfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Fresno, California
    Are the Amerucanas from Ideal really Amerucanas or are they EEs?

2. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    From what iv'e read here they are ususally considered the same at the hatcheries. I would call them and ask. I just got my first chicks yesterday from ideal and they have always been helpfull. I talk to Shannon at ext. 5408... she seems rather knowlegable and is very nice.

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

most hatcheries call their EE's, Amerucanas and ideal is the same way,, i just sold about 150 of em last month.

4. echlfan

Feb 8, 2009
    Fresno, California
    Thanks!

5. the1much

your welcome.

6. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Sir hippie. love that handle. Stacey seems to be doing better keeping her legs under her but she doesn't seem interested in food or water. She was eating and drinking at first but by last night she won't have anything to do with it. She is still pretty active but we just can't get to nurished. Even went and got yogurt. No interested. she did just take a little water but that's the first i've seen her get today

7. the1much

Quote:put the gatorade to her, or even a couple teaspoons of sugar in her water, if she doesnt start drinking, you'll have to force her too. eye dropper or something like that, and open her mouth and you can see the windpipe and the crop,, and drop some in,, but only do that if she doesnt drink by just "dropp'n" in her beak. too much isnt good, will go down the lungs and drown her.
    make sure i remember "who" im talking too.. lol,, i am a hippie [​IMG] ,, but was she the 1 that has bad leg, wont eat, after a hawk attack?,, and was it her boyfriend that got killed?

8. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I specifically asked Ideal if their Ameracauna's are true vs. "tinted egg layers" /EE's. The rep said that they are Ameracauna's [​IMG]

9. echlfan

Feb 8, 2009
    Fresno, California
    Sweet! Saves me a phone call.

10. the1much

taken from their site, under "tinted egg layers"
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ameraucanas
    St Run

Ameraucanas, known as the "Easter Egg Breed", are a multicolored breed. They have beards, muffs and a normal tail with a tail head. They are often incorrectly called Araucanas, which have ear tuffs, are rumpless, and do not have a tail head which gives them a bunny tail appearance. Most of the chicks sold as Araucanas are really Ameraucanas, which are excellent, efficient producers of large eggs of many colors and shades including blue and green.

Standard weights at maturity are males-5 lbs. and hens-4 lbs.

edit: ta add : https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/Products.aspx?Category=Tinted%20Egg%20Layers

edited
    again fer: they also mostly all have green legs..

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by