Ideal Silver Laced Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wjallen05, Jan 20, 2009.

1. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    Does anyone have any SLW from Ideal Poultry? (pics please?) I have 3 pullets in my order shipping on the 28th of this month. Just wondering what to expect.
    Thanks!

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    well, its hatchery stock, so dont expect anything too nice. I will look like a SLW duh! [​IMG] but it will, just not anything special.

3. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    From pictures that I've seen, some are mostly black with a little bit of lacing, some are light with tons of lacing, etc. Just wondering the difference.

4. Hi! Not recently. I got sl Wyandottes in '05 from IDEAL and got a 'right-combed' girl and a 'single-combed' girl.
    The girls were just beautifully laced, great layers, and very laid-back.
    That was 'way back when' and I'm sure they are using different breeders now.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Had three SLWs from Ideal at the beginning of my chickening career. Two died from internal laying this past year. I have two pullets of laying age from there, one has nice lacing, one has almost no lacing in the chest area. They're good layers. Of the older ones, one had a single comb and she didnt have a terrific body shape, but the original three were very sweet girls. The younger two are very skittish, but weren't handled as much as my original SLW girls.

6. Had three SLWs from Ideal at the beginning of my chickening career

When do you think they were hatched? I sold mine that were hatched spring '05, but they are still going strong and laying well at a friends place.
    Mine were just too laid-back to get along in a big mixed flock.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa​

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lisa, they were hatched in Jan 06, the original ones I had.

8. paduanchook

paduanchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    McDavid Florida
    i got a few from them this past spring...they are pretty, quiet, and have had no truble w/them at all. wish i had more

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I got 4 packing peanut SLW males in my order in July. Very sweet boys, just didn't have the room for more roos, so they went to auction. Since I loved their personalities so much I orderred 4 pullets with my order from Ideal for this year. I'll try to find the pictures I took of them on my computer....

10. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Here is a pair of mine from Ideal. Sadly they along with every other Silver-laced Wyandotte on the place were stolen on a weekend I was out of town. From the breeders and started birds all the way down to the chicks and the eggs out of the nest.

Matt Dylan was a very good rooster to the girls. But me and him didn't always get along...lol Miss Kitty and Wind Blossom were great layers. Usually got an egg a day from the two hens, sometimes two and sometimes none. Very sweet birds; except for the rooster.

Matt Dylan and Miss Kitty:

[​IMG]

Edited to add: Sorry the original is so grainy. I lost the original photo and this a a scanned copy of a printed image.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by