1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideal sold out of everything?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by gobbles!, Jul 7, 2008.

1. gobbles!

gobbles! Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    I was just clicking around Ideal's site. Is it just me, or are they sold out of every type of chick until 2009?!

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I called them...they had a few of some of the breeds I wanted so I ordered just a few and they were fine with it. And the ones I got also said they were sold out until 2009. Just call and talk directly to a person.

3. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    you can also try cackle hatchery. I was on the site yesterday and they looked to have plenty of stuff left as well.

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    One of the hatcheries had a dog attack - could be thats the reason the rest are selling out ?

Someone posted about that today

5. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    Ask Ideal if there is a retailer in your area selling their chicks. They say they are all sold out of Buff Orpingtons and Ameracauna (sp) because they have been ordered by someone. The feed store here has gazillions of them. (In a too-small brooder. They are eating each other. And yes, I reported it to animal control twice, and I also called Ideal.) :thun And then there are people out there looking for them who can't get them!

6. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Available:

Standards: sex links, EE's, I think gold laced and silver laced wyandottes, Anconas, Barred Plymouth Rocks, White Rocks, Red Shoulder Yokohomas, California Whites, Danish Brown leghorns, Ideal 236, White/Pearl white leghorns, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Golden Lakenvelders, Buckeyes, NHR, Production Reds

Bantams: Sultans, Blue Gold duckwing OEG, Blue Quail OEG, Blue OEG, Blue mille fluer OEG, Gold laced OEG, Red pyle OEG, Blue laced red cornish, white laced red cornish, dark cornish, Black Frizzle cochin, blue cochin, Buff cochin, Gold laced cochin, Self Blue Cochin, Red frizzle cochin, Red cochin, White Cochin, white frizzle, Buff/Dark/Light Brahmas

Thats what I gathered from the website, but I am sure you knew that already... I was just bored. LOL [​IMG]

7. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Ideal always sells out early. You have to get it from a feed store that orders from them or call them. The chicks are really lively though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by