Ideal Special on bantams and ducks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sherriekim, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    I just got an e-mail from Ideal. Assorted bantams in quanities of 25+ are .85 cents each and hatchery choice ducks are $1.75 each. Seems like the best deals always come along when I'm not looking! Thought I would share the info in case somebody else is interested. [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Sherrie!! I cant believe you are SUCH an enabler!! [​IMG] Thanks for the info!!

3. Sherriekim

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    LOL! Yes, Deb, I'm an enabler! It just kills me not to order when the price is that good and wouldn't in be fun to see what you get in an assortment of bantams?! My DH would kill me if I ordered any right now! He is very tolerant of my chicken habit, but right now I have 30+ chickens in three coops/runs outside , two brooders both with 9 chicks each, twenty eggs in the bator and I'm in line for a dozen eggs from Cynthia in Jan. He pretty much made me promise no more chicks or eggs til spring. I guess I can get through Feb with no new chicks/eggs. March is considered spring, right? [​IMG] If anybody does order the bantam assortment, they have to promise to let me know what they get and to post pics so I can get my chick fix. Deal? [​IMG]

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I ordered some-and yes, the DH did flip-but he gets over it and I make the same promises over and over again. I think he's used to it by now [​IMG]

5. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I am tempted to order some Pekin ducks. I don't think my wife shares that sentiment. She occasionally complains about my pullets and cockerel in the livingroom. They are not near as loud as ducks. I guess I better wait till spring.

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Got my chicks today- so far there are porcelain d 'uccles, one d' anver, a cochin, some brahmas, and some I can't ID. I will post pics soon in the what breed/gender category!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Y'all are gonna have to give me some pointers on how to get away with more chickens than you originally promised and still be able to live indoors. The sgt said I could have a 'few' chickens. To my mind that translates to 12, not counting the 'roo of course. After all, he's technically not a chicken. Gonna be interesting around here come spring, so start my training right away, k? Also, does anyone know how to make ducks magically appear on our pond? That would be awesome. I tried telling him they would help with the pond weed problem, no luck. Oh! and while you are at it, is there anyway to disguise a goat as a new breed of chicken?[​IMG]
    Can't wait to see the pics ks!

8. Sherriekim

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Porcelain d 'uccles!! Now I'm really bummed I didn't order. I have six milli fluer d 'uccles and I would love to have added some porcelains. A d 'anver would have been fun, too. Of course, I don't know what I would have done with the other 22, but I'm sure I would have figured it out. [​IMG]

gritsar, try convincing the SO it is a business. You know, selling eggs or chicks, some you are raising to sell as pullets in the spring, summer, fall, etc... whatever seems appropriate at the moment. At my place, a few chickens have "just shown up" and DH didn't notice at first. Of course, I have enough to create some confusion as to how many are out there in the coops. Another thing, which you seem to already be on to, always be vague, never specific.... a few chickens, some hatching eggs, etc.... As I mentioned, I'm getting a dozen eggs from Cynthia in Jan. Well, I just heard back from Jody and I'm going to get a dozen from her in Jan as well. Since I told DH I was getting some eggs in Jan, he won't know the amount just doubled. So far, it's working for me, just so long as DH doesn't see the feed bill and figures out how many eggs, chicks, pullets, etc.... I have to sell to break even, let alone make a profit! [​IMG]

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Well, the assortment was REALLY an assortment, I have singles of at least 8 different breeds, so I could have done without that, I was hoping for at least pairs... But, they are cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by