Ideal started taking their 2010 chick orders.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunAngel, Jan 11, 2010.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Is anyone else planning to order?

I called first thing this morning:) My order......

Bantams
    4 Blue Mille Fleur d'Uccles
    4 Self Blue d'Uccles
    4 Porcelain d'Uccles
    3 Chocolate OEGB
    3 Blue Quail d'Anvers
    2 Spangled Cornish
    2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

LF
    2 Silver Laced Cochin Pullets
    2 Mottled Java Pullets
    2 Russian Orloffs Pullets
    2 Speckled Sussex Pullets
    2 Cream Brabanters Pullets
    2 Gold Brananters Pullets
    2 Naked Neck Pullets
    2 Silver Gray Dorking Pullets
    4 Black Sumatra (2 male/2 female)

and 4 Black East Indies ducklings (1 male/3 females)

Unfortunately their computers were down this morning so she couldn't give me a delivery date, but they will call back and let me know [​IMG] Now the long wait begins....I know they won't get here til probably April.

2. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Ideal called me back and gave me a ship date of March 17th...yay!!! Even sooner than last year.

Noone else is placing an order for this Spring?

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    i did. i ordered 25 hatchery choice pullets and 25 st.run bantams. will be here jan 23rd [​IMG]

4. CallyB57

CallyB57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    There is no room at the inn, or I would be ordering. [​IMG]

5. CallyB57

CallyB57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Louisiana
    I say that, but I have 4 new chicks in my bathroom - 3 OEGB's and a Silkie, and my EE hen is sitting on two large blue eggs while her bumblefeet heal up. So I will have 6 new chicks to put in the pen this spring.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I had my spring order all ready for Ideal, then I got a shocker. I decided to check online with my medicare part D (prescription drugs) provider to get an estimate of what my medications are going to cost in 2010. [​IMG]
    I've had to cut way back on my spring chick wishes and try and figure out a way to have a few more chickens. [​IMG]
    If I can create the space, I'll probably order from my pet chicken or wait until summer when Ideal can safely ship me a small amount of chicks, without packing peanut roos for warmth. [​IMG]

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I sooo had to resist getting some of their specials! I wanted the EEs and bantam assortment, specially since they could ship soon, but had to keep reminding myself if I ordered those, there would be no room for any of the breeds I really still wanted to get.

I will definitely have to sell some of what I get. I learned early to order extra to account for losses.

8. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Not I said the fly, too many as it is and I was not happy with the quality of the chicks at all. I can hardly tell my silver laced cochin hen is silver laced at all, my 2 frizzles were double frizzles, my blrw bantams were again the worst lacing I have ever seen. However the bantam ee's turned out well but stayed very small.

9. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    has anyone gotten the 25 hatchery choice bantam assortment before?

10. Nyrial

Nyrial Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Quote:I was disappointed in the quality too.. Crooked toes, missing toenails, white all over the black japanese.. I wasn't expecting show quality birds or anything, but ALL of the polish I got have the toe issues. I lost 5 babies within the first 48 hours, all the same breed (bad hatch?). Yes, I got a refund, but explain that to my 4 year old daughter.

Not to mention, what part of "standard buff brahma" (what I ordered) vs "bantam buff brahma" (which I received) do they not understand?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by