Ideal temperature and humidity

Jeff23

Hatching
May 16, 2018
Hey guys, I have a 1232 commercial egg incubator and I was wondering how to set it up on.
1. ideal temperature and humidity considering its a half hatcher
2. What happens if there is power loss should I have to worry or I must backup immediately.. whats the delay, and does it affect the ventilation because the fans would be off? Also if incase it's full of eggs would it cause problems of overheating ?
Any experiences is highly appreciated thanks..

Attachments

• IMG_20180416_220750.jpg
    IMG_20180416_220750.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Same temp as any other incubator. Humidity opinions vary regardless of incubator. I like 30-40, others like 50-60.
I've had up to 24 hour power losses without issue, but it depends on what point in development it happens. Mine are usually closer to hatch, after they are producing body heat on their own.

The temperature sensor/regulator controls the temp regardless of how many eggs are inside.

Good luck!

1. It's a forced air incubator and a half hatcher meaning I have to put the eggs on different schedules. Recommended humidity from the company is 60 percent and temp 37.8 degrees Celsius hope this helps. Have anyone hatched so many eggs at a go? In such an incubator? Share your experience please.. Thanks
2. I wanted also to know if when power is off do so many eggs in the incubator cause oveheating and finally suffocation hope you get me sun especially when the main fan is off I become too scared and turn on generator really quick.. please help thanks

I don't have that type of incubator so no experience with it, Overheating is a big concern of the commercial operations where they may have 60,000 egg in one machine. Late in their incubation/hatching the problem is not keeping the eggs arm, it's keeping hem cool enough that they don't cook themselves.

In your position I'd be very quick to start that generator for the fan.

I don't have that type of incubator so no experience with it, Overheating is a big concern of the commercial operations where they may have 60,000 egg in one machine. Late in their incubation/hatching the problem is not keeping the eggs arm, it's keeping hem cool enough that they don't cook themselves.

In your position I'd be very quick to start that generator for the fan.
Thanks Ridgerunner..

Someone told me opening the incubator during powerloss is far much better than covering it or doing some weird stuff on it whats your thoughts guys..?

Back
Top Bottom