Ideal vs mcmurry?

Tammysbored

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2019
Mcmurry just put my chicks on backorder til July 1st well I wasent having them shipped over a holiday week so I called and cancelled and reordered threw ideal for the first time got 2 times as many birds they are shipping tomorrow and saved 50 cents now what I want to know is are they a good hatchery?

Ideal is the only hatchery I’ve ordered from and I had a great experience with them. I ordered 10 chicks last summer and they all made it. One was a little weak after shipping, but she pulled through with a little extra care. I had to find them a new home due to problems with my coop that winter, but if I ever order more, I’ll order through Ideal.

The chicks I have now are from Atwoods, and they get their birds from Ideal. All the ones I have now are great too.

Ideal is the only hatchery I’ve ordered from and I had a great experience with them. I ordered 10 chicks last summer and they all made it. One was a little weak after shipping, but she pulled through with a little extra care. I had to find them a new home due to problems with my coop that winter, but if I ever order more, I’ll order through Ideal.

The chicks I have now are from Atwoods, and they get their birds from Ideal. All the ones I have now are great too.
Thank you for the reply I wonder how long it takes for them to get here i worry about the heat but yours did ok in the summer so I'm guessing they will be ok

Mine shipped on a Wednesday, and arrived on Thursday, but I’m just one state over from the hatchery.

(Just realized it autocorrected to “star” instead of saying “state”. Now it make more sense)

Last edited:
what breeds did you get
Cochin batams and some polish and I'll post pics when they get here I'm so excited I've been waiting weeks for mcmurry to ship and to have ideal to ship so quickly I'm kicking myself they could be half feathered by now haha

Back
Top Bottom