Ideal Website not secure?

dpenning

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 20, 2013
Blue Ridge, TX
Hey gang,

It looks like Ideal has re-designed their web site and it says not secure all over it, both in the URL and when going to payment.

Has anyone ordered since they changed it and did you have any problems or concerns? Credit card fraud is bad enough without using unsecured websites. I tried calling to place a phone order and got their mailbox. We will see if they call back.

Seems a strange way to do business! I like ordering from them because they are close and I've had good luck with everything I've ordered there. Just not since they re-did their web site.

Thanks for any feedback.

Wow, that was fast. No sooner did i hit post than they were calling me back. Seems the web site launched last week and they are still working out the kinks. Order placed, 5 pekin (peeking) ;) females will arrive next week. Male chicks will be added for warmth and stability. *sigh*

They were fast and helpful.

Wow, that was fast. No sooner did i hit post than they were calling me back. Seems the web site launched last week and they are still working out the kinks. Order placed, 5 pekin (peeking) ;) females will arrive next week. Male chicks will be added for warmth and stability. *sigh*

They were fast and helpful.
That's good. I hit their site earlier tonight and it was horrible. Said nope and took my business elsewhere. I won't totally write them off!

That's good. I hit their site earlier tonight and it was horrible. Said nope and took my business elsewhere. I won't totally write them off!
I certainly wouldn't write them off as a company. They have the biggest selection of birds I have been able to find. The pricing is reasonable and the customer service is good. One of my chicks died 4 days after arriving and they let me get 5 chicks (instead of the $30 order minimum that usually comes to like 10 or 11 chicks) and they gave me the replacement chick for free. They actually gave me two for free because I had ordered one girl and one boy of the kind that died, and I wasn't sure which one hadn't made it, so they sent me a boy and a girl for no charge. I just paid for the three extra chicks and I opted for extra straw since it was a smaller order and I wanted them to be warm). I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Security issues aside, I think the new site is quite nice compared to the old one. I like that they've actually got pictures of the birds now (not just drawings). They haven't finished getting all the photos up obviously, but once it's done I think it'll be a very nice site.

I certainly wouldn't write them off as a company. They have the biggest selection of birds I have been able to find. The pricing is reasonable and the customer service is good. One of my chicks died 4 days after arriving and they let me get 5 chicks (instead of the $30 order minimum that usually comes to like 10 or 11 chicks) and they gave me the replacement chick for free. They actually gave me two for free because I had ordered one girl and one boy of the kind that died, and I wasn't sure which one hadn't made it, so they sent me a boy and a girl for no charge. I just paid for the three extra chicks and I opted for extra straw since it was a smaller order and I wanted them to be warm). I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Security issues aside, I think the new site is quite nice compared to the old one. I like that they've actually got pictures of the birds now (not just drawings). They haven't finished getting all the photos up obviously, but once it's done I think it'll be a very nice site.
I will absolutely give them a closer inspection next month then! Thanks for the info.

I ordered from them the day they changed it. All the babies arrived alive, healthy, and ready to eat. They forgot my 2 ducks and shipped them the next week free of charge with no extra males. They also arrived in good shape. I'll definitely order from them again if need be.

Forgot to add that no funny business or scam behavior has occurred on my card since ordering.

Back
Top Bottom